1. Initial Deposit – Your initial deposit of 30% of the cake cost reserves your date event. We will apply your $35.00 Tasting Fee to your final cost (if applicable).
2. Balance Due Date – We must receive the balance by the due date indicated or contract is “null and void” and deposit (or deposits) will not be refunded. The balance of the cake cost must be paid 30 days prior to the event date.
3. Order Cancellation – the initial deposit of 30% is non-refundable. Within 30 days of the event, we will retain 75% of the total cost of the cake. Within 7 days of the event, there is NO REFUND.
4. Refund – Any refund will be credited back to your credit card or in cash depending on your original form of payment.
5. Final Payment – The date of your final payment (30 days before the event) is the final date for any changes of size, style, or flavors of the cake. Any changes requested after this date cannot be guaranteed and may be subject to additional charges.
6. Delivery and Setup – Delivery includes transporting the cake to venue. Set up includes set up of florals, topper and other items related to the cake. For the dessert bars, we will platter your dessert items purchased from The Batter Up Bakery.
7. Responsibility – We are not responsible for any damage to the cake after setup is complete. You are responsible for providing an appropriate and secure table and environment for the cake(s). Please note, cakes are heavy and require a sturdy table and optimal room temperature of 75 degrees or below. Please ensure refrigeration if possible. Storage of your cake/desserts for long term should be refrigerated.
8. Flowers – If flowers are provided by an outside source, we will arrange up to 25 stems for no charge. There will be an additional charge of $1.00 for each additional stem. You acknowledge that fresh flowers are not a food product and may contain pesticides, insects, dirt, or other containments.
9. Liability – All products are the responsibility of the customer once it leaves our shop. We are not responsible for any damage occurring to the cake(s)/desserts during transport, set up or anytime thereafter. You will be given instruction on how to carry, transport and store your cake(s)/desserts upon pick up. If you (or your representative) elect to pick up and set up the cake, you assume all liability and responsibility for the condition of the cake once it leaves the bakery.
10. Cake Flavor and Texture – Cake flavor and texture is subjective. Full refunds requested due to flavor or texture after the cake has been accepted and picked up will not be honored. You may qualify for a store credit. The cake or partial cake must be returned within 24 hours from the date of pick up. Please call us promptly to let us know of any issues.
11. Photography – On occasion, we will photograph our cakes and we reserve the right to use any of our photographs for display or promotion without compensation to you.
12. Allergies – Our products come in contact with milk, wheat, nuts, soy and other allergens. You agree to notify your guests of this risk and hold us harmless for allergic reactions.
13. Performance of this agreement is contingent upon the ability of The Battery Up Bakery to complete the agreement and is subject to labor disputes or strikes, accidents, Acts of God, and other causes beyond our control.